Our picnic in August was well attended and the food was wonderful! Many thanks to Lion Sue and husband Mark, and all who participated. Lion Rita circulated the tickets for the Community Service 50/50 Raffle, so if you were unable to attend you should be receiving your tickets shortly.
Thanks also to Lion Lance Muir and all who participated in this year's Labor Day Coffee Rest Stop. In addition to meeting the traveling folk, we all got to know Ernesto fairly well!
Activity Report for August:
An addition was made to the 2006-2007 budget - King Lion Mary Ann made motion to add Big Flats Lacrosse League to Community Service Expenses - $100, seconded by Lion Chris Friend. Lion Sue and King Lion Mary Ann attended the Cabinet meeting on 8/20, and Lion Sue reported on that meeting to the Board. Lion Lance will look into purchasing or making a "Project in Progress" sign. The intent is to draw some attention to our various projects as we are working on them.
* Eyeglass Collection - 1 Lion, 8.5 hours.
* Adult Care - 1 Lion, 8.5 hours.
* Big Flats Historical Society - 2 Lions, 10 hours.
* Corning Museum-Guide - 1 Lion, 2 hours.
* Food Banks/Pantries - 7 Lions, 29.25 hours.
* Meals on Wheels - 1 Lion, 4 hours.
* Steele Memorial Library - 1 Lion, 20 hours.
* Town Committees - 2 Lions, 7 hours.
* Tanglewood Nature Center - 2 Lions, 49.75 hours.
* Labor Day Rest Stop (total hours to be reported in September)
* Held 1 board meeting
* Annual Picnic (45 in attendance)Membership:
* 35- Dues paid YTDDistrict:
* Lion Balland and Lion Brinthaupt attended Cabinet Meeting
TOTAL HOURS 144
Sue Brinthaupt, Club Secretary
Club Picnic, 2006: