Our wine tasting meeting in November was a great success, thanks in large part to Lion Jim Ormiston, who provided the wine from his private collection, and Lion Pat McKenzie, who provided the hors deurves. We were able to entertain four prospective members, and also inform them of what Lionism is all about. Thanks also to Lion Rita Dery, who lined up Meg Chorpenning and Sherry Nicholsour from Lions Project for Canine Companions for Independence as our speakers. The dogs were amazing, as was that fact that volunteers provide all of the training services.
November was also busy with activities, including Adopt-a-Highway, Scouting for Food, and of course, our wildly successful Turkey Raffle!
A Couple of Reminders from Lion Sue:
* Remember - to bring your quarters for the Chinese Auction
* Remember to include Don Roe and Ray Conklin on your Christmas Card list:
||Lion Don Roe
406 Fletcher Street
Horseheads, NY 14845-2323
|Lion Ray Conklin
Bath VA Medical Center
76 Veterans Avenue
Bath, NY 14810
Community Project - Lion John Farr reported that the committee had decided on pursuing the purchase of a Community sign for the Town for Town groups to advertise various events. The committee needs to develop a "use policy"; find a location; look into code restrictions; find a suitable sign in our price range, perhaps locally. Committee members for the Christmas Party are Lions Pat, Dave, and Ed. Pancake Breakfast - Lions Jim Adamy and Lance Muir are trying to locate a space to hold this event. Vintage Car Show, June 10th. We will cook a minimum of 200 chickens (more if sunshine is forecast). Blood Drive - Lion Al Draht has arranged for a speaker from the Red Cross for January 22nd. Sunshine: Lion Bim delivered 2 dinners to Lion Don Roe and his wife.
Activity Report for November:
* Boy Scouts 12 hours.
* Eyeglass Collection 4 hours.
* Big Flats Historical Society - 27 hours.
* Corning Museum Guide - 13 hours.
* Food Banks/Pantries (10) - 47 hours.
* Nutrition Site- Office for the Aging - 5 hours.
* Town Committees (2) 9 Steele Memorial Library - 77 hours.
* 5 K Race - Corning - 3 hours.
* Tanglewood Nature Center - 60 hours.
* American Red Cross - 15 hours.
* Turkey Raffle (22) - 24 hours.
* Held 1 board meeting and 2 Dinner Meetings
* Membership Night - 4 prospective new members
* Scouting For Food (17) - 49 hours.
* Adopt a Highway (9) - 26 hours.District/National:
* VDG Bob Wagner visited the club on 11/13/06
TOTAL HOURS 346.5
Sue Brinthaupt, Club Secretary
News items and other submissions from Club members are always welcome! Please feel free to send any announcements or other items of humor or interest.